woodstove heating with small children

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Closing off heat up stairs , shutting doors all night , kids sleeping in rooms 40°-50° , chain locks on bedroom doors ? ................Is it just me or am i missing something here ? :bug:

Roospike said:
Closing off heat up stairs , shutting doors all night , kids sleeping in rooms 40°-50° , chain locks on bedroom doors ? ................Is it just me or am i missing something here ? :bug:

You are just so 1990's Spike. You must not have read the new bestseller on child raising:

"The Guantanamo Method of Child Rearing - Raising Children in the New Millennium"

Hot socks work great for the twin 5 yr old boys, we made up a couple for them last night. Take an old pair of heavy socks and fill one with uncooked rice, not too full, you want some give. Toss in some rosemary and lavender leaves out of the garden. Knot the open end and stuff it into the other sock knot end first. Knot the second sock and whaaa laaaa! You now have hot socks that after being microwaved for 3-5 minutes will stay hot and smell nice for most of the night! Better than the hot potato mom used to send us to the bus stop with...

you can move the thermostats your self....junction the 18-2 were it is if you can't get it to the source and then snake another 18-2 to were you want the thermostat...it is a small wire and low voltage...you could take of the baseboard in some places and snake it around that...also they make cove heaters which are up high away from little hands they are electric and have their own thermostat on the wall.......for this you would have to add another circuit probably because the two bedrooms are on their own..circuit.... good luck....

Status
Not open for further replies.