Woodstove in Bedroom

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No gas, no wood, no CO2 danger, just plain body heat. Fresh air, romance, using the principle of K.I.S.S.
Think down, think down, think down.
Your body heat is sustainable, renewable, clean ( maybe).
Contribute to LLBean's bottom line.

My wife would laugh at this. Her first vote would be an electric blanket. I am the opposite, down is much too hot for me unless I am out camping.

Sounds like my house ... I'm bundled up and the Hubby has the covers kicked off!!!

:) Sounds about right.

My wife would laugh at this. Her first vote would be an electric blanket. I am the opposite, down is much too hot for me unless I am out camping.

Only if your BR is above freezing, or way North with winter windows open. ;).

I spent $80 on a dual zone electric blanket. Best money I ever spent. My wife always preheats the bed in the winter. And I have to admit,,its awesome getting into a warm bed. But then I shut it off completely...and hers cooks her all night. lol

Just as insulation provided a permanent return, our purchase of additional blankets and oversized winter clothes is a good alternative. Comprehend how many down comforters you can wrap the little ones in for the price of even the cheapest Jotul or Blaze King wood stove.

Comprehend how many down comforters you can wrap the little ones
You have to explain to me how they can play ... the number one way they learn when little .... when they are swaddled up in down comforters?

BTW, how cold does it really get in Stephenville in the winter??

You have to explain to me how they can play ... the number one way they learn when little .... when they are swaddled up in down comforters?

BTW, how cold does it really get in Stephenville in the winter??

Down comforters are for sleeping.......you can play under the covers. ;)

Get the room warm enough and you can play on the covers.

Last edited:
My PE is in the bedroom, which was a den. I prioritized, and moved the house around. I have NO problems with the insert being in what is now a bedroom. Flows easily to the rest of the upper level.

Floor plan is the key.

And it's not unhealthy, IMHO.

Moving fire wood to get it there, that can be an issue, but I get 'er dun.
Installers manuals will tell you that installing a wood grade stove in a sleeping room (aka bedroom) is not an approved installation :) Sounds like you can get away with your install because it's not truly considered a "sleeping room"

Unless I missed it, Dix's insert has neither warning in the manual. Given that there are exceptions to the rule and in this case Dix's installation fits the exception (large room with large open doorways), this doesn't appear to be an issue, however it doesn't hurt to check with the local inspecting authority to verify.

Just as insulation provided a permanent return, our purchase of additional blankets and oversized winter clothes is a good alternative. Comprehend how many down comforters you can wrap the little ones in for the price of even the cheapest Jotul or Blaze King wood stove.

As someone who used to be little, I promise the little ones would prefer the Jotul or Blaze King to down comforters.

As kids we usually slept in a cool room. Mom often opened a window a little in our bedrooms at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.