Work Done Today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Just some white pine and cherry that I split, also a few cherry rounds that I bucked up today that came down behind the white pine.

Attachments

• 100_7778.JPG
    100_7778.JPG
    198.9 KB · Views: 146
  • 100_7781.JPG
    100_7781.JPG
    291.7 KB · Views: 130
  • 100_7783.JPG
    100_7783.JPG
    234.6 KB · Views: 143
  • 100_7784.JPG
    100_7784.JPG
    241.9 KB · Views: 143
That last picture is it all cherry ? It has some interesting coloring or does it have some punk in the middle.

Nice work and pictures. I wonder too about the top splits in the last pic showing a yellow color. At first glance, they look like mulberry or a kind of locust?

That last picture is it all cherry ? It has some interesting coloring or does it have some punk in the middle.
Yes, not the best cherry for firewood but since Mother Nature put it down we'll take it.

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Nice work and pictures. I wonder too about the top splits in the last pic showing a yellow color. At first glance, they look like mulberry or a kind of locust?
Mother Nature takes the weak trees, we did get lots of nice hard maple from that storm.

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Nice work . 2 great species to burn

Reactions: thewoodlands
Looking good!
Is it for this burn season or next ?

Some pine that pops in the splitter and in the stove, with a side of cherry that smells great out the chimney. Good combo for SS. I wanted to resplit some pine today, but mother nature will not allow with all this rain.

Looking good!
Is it for this burn season or next ?
We'll burn this in 2015, we always have 3 cord of cherry ready every year, thank you mother nature. We'll switch over to good hardwood once the colder weather hits.

Some pine that pops in the splitter and in the stove, with a side of cherry that smells great out the chimney. Good combo for SS. I wanted to resplit some pine today, but mother nature will not allow with all this rain.

Bone dry up here, this week will be in the 80's.:)

Reactions: WellSeasoned
Just saw our updated forecast and 2 days of 90 forecast now before some rain and cooling off a bit.

Just saw our updated forecast and 2 days of 90 forecast now before some rain and cooling off a bit.
We finally are getting some summer weather, I almost fired up the Liberty twice about a week ago.

Reactions: ScotO
I hope it does not last too long. Hopefully will have to run the air conditioner only a couple days. I have been really liking the cooler air. Also, it is getting terribly dry here now. We need rain badly.

I hope it does not last too long. Hopefully will have to run the air conditioner only a couple days. I have been really liking the cooler air. Also, it is getting terribly dry here now. We need rain badly.
We liked that cooler weather too. For August, water wise were in good shape, I've seen the brook down to a trickle by the end of this month.

Yes, not the best cherry for firewood but since Mother Nature put it down we'll take it.

Not a thing wrong with that I was just asking. I always have some cherry in the stack it's very plentiful around here. There has been a few winters that's all I burnt because that's what I had and did just fine. I like some harder stuff around but you burn what you have.

Depending how hot it gets, I might stop the milling unless I can get at it early in the morning. We do have some work that will put me in some nice cool water, that's the job we'll do if I can't mill.

Status
Not open for further replies.