would this work?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

keith b

Hearth Supporter
Sep 18, 2009
s.east wisconsin
hello,im new here as for posting but ive been here a long time..... ok im going with a summit freestanding P.E. wants 14 feet min class a to get that where my lil women says " YOU HAVE THAT CORNER ONLY " LOL its a corner on a ranch home very open concept very good insul and windows i know i built it myself anyways with the min 14 feet i will have pretty close to 8 feet of class a above my roof 6 ft inside 8 ft outside ,what do u think of this i know its better to keep all inside but.... do u think about half of the chimney is outside will this cause a problem or is it doable im just looking for some advice also 8 feet above roof line how could i sweep it myself roof can be walked on but im only 5-6 ft tall so is it possible to just take off a 4 ft section with the cap clean and reconnect it would this be possible does anyone clean this way? ill probally be using duravent sorry for the long post and i thank you all for the feedback im sure i will be back with more questions LOL

My chimney is 16' there is about 11' above my roof line it works fine. I used Super Vent for my class A. I clean it once a year and I just take 6' (2 3' sections off and brush down to the stove then I run the brush up the pipe to the cap right there on the roof. when it is all cleaned up I put it back together.

don't forget you will have to brace it with much above the roof line

Status
Not open for further replies.