Would you use your stove after Cleaning?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MCweld

Feb 26, 2010
N.E. Pa.(Lackawanna Co.)
My stove is in my finished basement, we spend a fair amount of time down there.I just did my summer cleaning on my stove.
I took apart every piece of pipe and everything on the stove I could reasonably clean. The thing is cleaner than new.
The problem is it is normally cool down there and when we get some cold weather it is down right chilly .
What would you do, put a bag in and dirty up the stove or maybe get some kind of electric heater for the handful of days
I would need it in the summer?

MCweld said:
My stove is in my finished basement, we spend a fair amount of time down there.I just did my summer cleaning on my stove.
I took apart every piece of pipe and everything on the stove I could reasonably clean. The thing is cleaner than new.
The problem is it is normally cool down there and when we get some cold weather it is down right chilly .
What would you do, put a bag in and dirty up the stove or maybe get some kind of electric heater for the handful of days
I would need it in the summer?

Hello MCweld

I have my stove in the Basement also. So I made a 900 Watt 220 Volt Heated Hearth that puts out 200 Degree Heat to warm the basement!
See Pics and Wiring >>> https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/75379/

Attachments

• PS3PelletStoveBackPlane&Connection 240sc.jpg
    PS3PelletStoveBackPlane&Connection 240sc.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 238
Status
Not open for further replies.