I have a car that I store in the winter and I didn't take it out this summer so since the weather was nice today I thought I would start it and run it around the block. I put in a good battery that had been on a trickle charger and when I turned the key BAM the battery expolded. Fortunatly, the hood was closed. The battery was completely dry so I figue my 1 amp charger must have cooked the battery and adding a load to it caused the explosion. Am I right on this? I guess I better invest in a couple of battery tenders that are safer to use.