1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

WOW Freedom Pellets $124.5 per ton Home Depot in Toms River NJ...need advise

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by offingmoot, Aug 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. offingmoot

offingmoot New Member

Loc:
    Central/South Jersey
    My stove dealer is offering me 1 ton of Energex pellets for $300/ton. The guy installing my stove is going to bring 1/2 when he delivers my stove. i will still have to pickup the rest on my own and i dont own a truck.
    Depot has the truck rentals for $19.99 comes out to $25 total....so i can get the freedom pellets for $150/ton!!
    based on some bad things i have read about softwood and freedom specifically
    at 1/2 the price is it going to be worth it?
    i have read so many different reviews on both energex and freedom.....good and bad about both
    i know there may not be too much consistency from ton to ton for any brand but i dont even have my stove yet so i have no experience at this.
    the freedom pellets say premium less than .4% ash pine and have the pellet stamp on them

http://www.freedomfuelusa.net/
    http://www.energex.com/common/index2.php?mkt=english

anyone please share your knowledge, should i cancel my energex order @300 and go get some at depot for $150?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Kinda wierd. Online HD shows the Freedom pellets to be $249 a ton at the Tom's River store.
  3. offingmoot

offingmoot New Member

Loc:
    Central/South Jersey
    price per single bag is $4.98 so at that price its $249/ton but the sign there said $2.49/bag per ton
  4. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    I wouldn't care if they were made of bran flakes at that price. I would be on the way with my 20 foot trailer.
  5. iceman

iceman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Springfield Ma (western mass)

if you can get it for that price take it!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.