WOW! get nothing for $450

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thebeatlesrgood

Aug 7, 2008
Northern MA
i was just checking out overstockstoves.com to see if they got anymore inventory, and it looks like they are still selling something...NOTHING!!!

http://overstockstoves.com/additional-cost.html

check it out. it's listed under additional cost because i think nothing wouldnt have sounded as appealing.

if you click on add to cart it makes it seem like you can really buy this. if there are any high rollers in here, or someone whose curiosity gets the best of them, buy it and tell me how it goes. :cheese:

Sounds like they have gone belly up, but are accepting bailout donations. Seems to be a trend lately.

Haven't you guys figured out who overstockstoves.com is yet? They don't exactly have a lot of extra stoves to sell this year.

What, no overstock? Who'd of thunk it?

$450 is the expedite fee!

Maybe April of 2011...

Chris

This company has been on a lot of watch lists for at least two years.
The CEO is how shall I say..... interesting. Yeah that might be a good word for him.

So many people were short this company because they thought it was bogus.
The ceo is a huge crybaby about short selling (naked short selling). He blames them for the problems in his company.
Anytime anyone blames the shorts, watch out. Something stinks.

This may be the last year for many stores and well-known companies. This year, a record number of retail stores have filed for bankruptcy protection under Chapter 11. Clearly, everyone heard about Circuit City; earlier in the year the Disney Store, Lillian Vernan and Sharper Image were among the many retail stores that filed for Chapter 11 protection. It hasn't been in the news as much lately, but 8 US airlines have filed for bankruptcy, including US Air, Northwest Airline Corp., Aloha and ATA. If you're a bit of a geek, who knows how long you'll be able to get your fix on tech news from PC Mag--the recent announcement that they're dropping their hard copy issues and will only have an online presence may have more to do with their financial problems--they've filed for bankruptcy along with Ziff-Davis' Engadget online pub. Restaurants, which are always a risky business even in good times, are hurting and some major chains are seeking bankruptcy protection, including Old Country Buffet, Bennigans and Stake & Ale. Levitt & Sons Movie Gallery video rental has filed for bankruptcy. American Standard, the well known maker of bathroom fixtures filed for Chapter 11, too. The list of companies filing this year goes on-and-on. I suspect it will be an even bigger list next year. Consumers will see a much different landscape in 3-5 years--there will be a lot fewer B&M;and online vendors.

It doesn't take a lot of money to buy up an internet address and set up a virtual shop. Or to temporarily shut it down.

Methinks Driz has it right, check stock again in later winter/early spring.

d.n.f. said:
The CEO is how shall I say..... interesting. Yeah that might be a good word for him.

The ceo is a huge crybaby about short selling (naked short selling). He blames them for the problems in his company.

Does this refer to overstock.com? They are a completely different entity from overstockstoves.com.

BeGreen said:
d.n.f. said:

Does this refer to overstock.com? They are a completely different entity from overstockstoves.com.

whoops. Problems with skimming posts...

I am such a stupid good looking.

Yeah I hate it when I do that. Figured you were talking about the dude at overstock.com. He's quite the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.