1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

X27 on its way

Post in 'The Gear' started by waltdog, Jan 6, 2012.

1. waltdog

waltdog Member

Loc:
    North Idaho
    Thanks to the members here i have a Fiskars X27 on its way from Baileys. Wondering how this will compare to the 8lb. Collins that I am accustomed too? Splitting Douglas Fir, White Fir, Larch, Yellow and White Pine

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. chvymn99

chvymn99 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Kansas
    I dont know it will split those types of wood. But I just got mine the other day, and am really impressed. I think you'll be pleasantly suprised on what it will do.
  3. Jack Straw

Jack Straw Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Schoharie County, N Y
    My x27 was delivered on Friday. I split some Ash yesterday and was really pleased. Granted, Ash is no big deal to split, but my shoulder bothers me and the lite weight of the x27 is much appreciated. I found it easier to be accurate as to where I wanted to split the round. I did split a big Shagbark round and it wasn't too bad. I am sure you will like your x27....enjoy!
  4. artmos

artmos Member

Loc:
    waay back in the holler- northern kentucky
    Boys- i am starting to get amped up over the x27. saw the short demo video on baileys web site and have been eavesdropping here on all the postings about this axe. i'm not usually one to get excited about the "next best things since sliced bread" ,but the universal acclaim here for this axe has me really interested. tell me, does anyone have anything negative to say about this unit? i'd hate to fork out for something,use it for a while and find it really isn't the cure-all for wood splitting. also, if i do go for it where is the best dea ? thanx, artl