1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. keep-in warm

keep-in warm Member

Loc:
    Lowell, MA
    Here is a picture of my hearth and XXV install from Spring 2009. It finally officially happened.

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. tinkabranc

tinkabranc Minister of Fire

Loc:
    South Coast MA
    looks great!
    Bet you will like it even more when you burn the Green Supremes you have ;-)
  3. goatman-68

goatman-68 Member

Loc:
    Central Wisconsin
    I agree, looks great. I also have XXV's and really like mine. Had some trouble with my first one, but the dealer swapped it out and all is good now. I really like the heat they produce and they heat my whole house.
  4. Vermont-XXV

Vermont-XXV Member

Loc:
    Champlain Valley, Vermont
    Nicely appointed space for the stove! You should really like the stove. I'd recommend reading the XXV manual about 200 times. Every word seems correct - the nuances are sort of exasperating sometimes. We love our XXV

clifford
  5. imacman

imacman Guest

great looking stove....nice install. Thanks for the pic!

BTW, get a surge suppressor on that puppy asap.
  6. THE ROOSTER

THE ROOSTER Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Home of Wild Turkey 101 & Lake Cumberland
    You'll love it compared to that baseboard heat in the picture!!!
  7. amick780

amick780 New Member

Loc:
    Northern New York
    Looks good, you will love your XXV, I have one as well. No problems, very quiet, lots of heat. Enjoy it, and yes as Macman stated use a surge protector on it.
  8. keep-in warm

keep-in warm Member

Loc:
    Lowell, MA
    Thanks all, we fired the stove a couple of days ago and enjoyed a "Green Supreme" burn for a few hours. Can't wait to kick it in high gear, but I'm not ready to see the cold weather just yet and I still have a ton of the old Michigan's to get through.

Macman, we did get a surge protector shortly after the pic was taken, I believe on your advice back in the spring. Thanks!

We don't miss using the baseboard heating....it's gas but we never could get the back of the house over 68. The wife likes the warm room, and a strategic fan placement does a nice job circulating the heat throughout the house.
  9. cac4

cac4 New Member

Loc:
    Essex County, MA
    I wish Harman made a XII.V. Ok, maybe that would be too small...but at least say, an "XX". or XIX.

Seriously, I love the look of the XXV, but its just too big. Odd thing, though, is that it doesn't look big in the pic above (or in many other pics). something about the camera, I guess. (oddly, it always seems to make me look much bigger than reality. 8-/ ). I was admiring one the other day, when I stopped by my local dealer to check on pellet prices. It was running right next to an Accentra, just like mine. It really is quite a bit bigger.

Don't get me wrong; I love my accentra, and it has its own cool "look" to it, it fits my space, and is more than adequate to heat my whole house, but If I was picking just on looks alone, I'd go w/ the XXV.
  10. Dr_Drum

Dr_Drum Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Saco, Maine
    Looks great, but no hearth pad?
    Mike -
  11. Jim H.

Jim H. Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    N.E. Pa. (Northampton County)
    congrats, my 2nd year with one. really heats the room!
  12. jtakeman

jtakeman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northwestern CT.
    Nice looking stove and install. I agree with macman, Needs a surge supressor on it.

Let use now how you like the nice warm heat!

jay
  13. Dougsey

Dougsey Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Epping, NH
    Looks great! I like how the hearth pad ties in with the tile in front of the door... very clean.

If that is your room sensor lying on the floor, you may find that you'll want to get it up higher so that it senses air temp and not floor temp.
  14. keep-in warm

keep-in warm Member

Loc:
    Lowell, MA
    As we planned to finish the room, we knew the stove was a must and the placement was also locked in stone - so to speak. The tile work with backer board was approved by the city and I also laid the hard wood floor to help make the stove look like it was the focus of the room. I'm still having trouble with the temperature sensor being so close to the glass door, but I'm sure we'll get it figured out as we get burned in this year.
  15. THE ROOSTER

THE ROOSTER Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Home of Wild Turkey 101 & Lake Cumberland
    Did you consider the battery backup for your stove???
  16. fredber

fredber New Member

Loc:
    SoMN
    I agree with Dougsey, very clean with the tile work. Hope everything goes good for you.
  17. charles u farley

charles u farley New Member

Loc:
    Central B.C., Canada, eh?

Extend the sensor wire. You can lengthen it and hide it under that baseboard to get somewhere further into the room away from the door.
  18. keep-in warm

keep-in warm Member

Loc:
    Lowell, MA
    Great idea to hide along the baseboard. We also considered the battery backup, but at that price point we opted to go with an inverter generator to also run the computer and fridge.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.