Y'all might want to check Tractor Supply--

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

scotsman

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Aug 6, 2008
West Texas
They may have some good "end of the season" deals.

For example: I had been watching and waiting for a stove thermometer priced at $12.99 to be marked down. There was also an 18 foot fiberglass chimney rod set ($35.99) and a 6" brush ($13.99). I just happened to meet THE manager of the store and got the whole shootin' match for a total of $24.00!

Might be worth a look!

Thanks for posting that Terry.

btw, I would not recommend buying a stove thermometer there but the rest is okay. Best place I've found for a good thermometer is from Woodstock. Every other one we've had has been junk and that even includes one from Lehman's.

Just wondering how long you've been eyeing that $12.99 thermometer for and how much cheaper it would have to be before you bought it?

Franks said:
Just wondering how long you've been eyeing that $12.99 thermometer for and how much cheaper it would have to be before you bought it?

It's just to easy to get it at your local hearth store, Frank are the girls eating any rabbit today.

zap

Franks said:

:lol: :lol: Well, that is a good question. Since I didn't NEED another one, I decided it would have to go for about $3.00 before I'd have any interest. However, since he made me such a good deal on the other pieces I was tracking, I ended up paying $5.99 for it.

And Zapny, don't even talk to me about a local hearth store. The one we have couldn't care less and the next two closest are in Clovis, NM and Amarillo, 100 and 125 miles respectively and they don't care either. In any of these local stores, I'd pay $30 or more for the same thermo if I wanted it! We're not like y'all, where there's a hearth store on every other corner. Oh, that it were so, BUT, if it was, we'd have to be a lot farther north or be a lot colder a lot more of the year, so there are trade-offs. And we don't like to Mess With Texas, y'know, since it's dang nigh perfect the way it is!!!

Hey that guy from Texas just said "Ya'll" !!!
Zap, no bunny lunches today. I just did finish eating some pork chops that I cooked for a few hours last night on the Traeger. BTW, we sell the thermometers for about $15 here. I take the $6.00 profit I make on each one and use it to buy my new vacation home in France.

Texas boy said:
Franks said:

:lol: :lol: Well, that is a good question. Since I didn't NEED another one, I decided it would have to go for about $3.00 before I'd have any interest. However, since he made me such a good deal on the other pieces I was tracking, I ended up paying $5.99 for it.

And Zapny, don't even talk to me about a local hearth store. The one we have couldn't care less and the next two closest are in Clovis, NM and Amarillo, 100 and 125 miles respectively and they don't care either. In any of these local stores, I'd pay $30 or more for the same thermo if I wanted it! We're not like y'all, where there's a hearth store on every other corner. Oh, that it were so, BUT, if it was, we'd have to be a lot farther north or be a lot colder a lot more of the year, so there are trade-offs. And we don't like to Mess With Texas, y'know, since it's dang nigh perfect the way it is!!!

We have 2 hearth stores in our area and the reason I like to support the local stores is we have a small embroidery shop.

zap

Franks said:
Hey that guy from Texas just said "Ya'll" !!!
Zap, no bunny lunches today. I just did finish eating some pork chops that I cooked for a few hours last night on the Traeger. BTW, we sell the thermometers for about $15 here. I take the $6.00 profit I make on each one and use it to buy my new vacation home in France.

Was the Traeger the pellet grill you had in the shop?

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.