1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Year End Auger Cleaning?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by pelletsnoil, Mar 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pelletsnoil

pelletsnoil New Member

Loc:
    Western Maine
    There is nothing in my Enviro Empress manual about removing the cover over the auger and cleaning. The cover looks like it has a silicone gasket and I'm hesitant to remove it but I'm worried that there might be un-used pellets left over and that they will clog it up if they absorb to much moisture and fall apart. Does anyone remove theirs and clean it out?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. caseyr77

caseyr77 New Member

Loc:
    Northern Vermont
    Yes you can remove that cover and it not only allows you to clean out any leftover pellets but you can also clean the top of the auger and check the flight at the top. Just use some High-Temp Silicone on the cover when putting it back. Not much is needed just a small bead on the top of the cover none on the bottom of the cover and wipe bead of silicone smooth after putting it on cover.
  3. fletchtb

fletchtb New Member

Loc:
    Fletcher, Vermont
    I agree. I have removed the cover for the auger on my Empress several times and it was not hard to re-seal.
  4. veronica

veronica New Member

Loc:
    vermont
    I'm new to this site. Can someone help me/ My enviro empress stove just started making a squeaking fan sound when started up. It usually stops after a 1/2 hour. It sound like something need to be oiled? I have had the stove 3 years and I keep it extremly clean. Can't figure this out. Thanks v
  5. MSmith66

MSmith66 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central NY
    You may need to put 2 drops of 20wt. oil in oil ports. Should be oiled yearly.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.