1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Yet another criagslist funny ad

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by Jack Straw, May 27, 2010.

1. Jack Straw

Jack Straw Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Schoharie County, N Y
    The following is an ad from craiglist. I laughed at it because around here you just take a few small branches from a willow tree and stick them in the ground and they will grow rather quickly. I've never heard of any one actually buying a willow tree.

"15' - 18' Willow Tree - $500 (Queensbury)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Da
    2010-05-27, 1:24PM EDT

I have a very nice willow tree that stands about 15'-18' tall with many nice branches. The trunk is about 6" wide!!

I ordered online about 8 years ago but it was supposed to be (and was labelled as) a butterfly bush. The first 3 years with no flowers I chalked up to being young and tried to move it away from my lawn as Nitrogen fertilizer will inhibit flowers on butterfly bushes. But as the trunk started turning yellow and the leaves took better shape, I realized it was a willow. I've intended to move it for years but never got around to it and I really have no where to put it. Will sell for $500 OBO if you come and remove it yourself.

Great for wet areas as Willows LOVE water. I am all sand so it just doesn't make sense to try and keep.

If you would like me to deliver it will cost $1700 total as I will need to rent some equipment to dig it out with and get some help.

It is still small enough to handle with a skidsteer or tractor bucket, and certainly with a backhoe, but you will not be able to load this thing on a trailer or truck by hand. I can arrange for you to view the tree if interested. Send email with your contact info and we'll schedule a time.

I'll take photos and post by the end of the weekend.
    Thanks! "

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. smokinj

smokinj Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Anderson, Indiana
    Oh I think there is something very wrong here! wow
  3. Adios Pantalones

Adios Pantalones Minister of Fire

Loc:
    S.NH- Mass's smoking section
    I could sell red oaks, pines... oh man- what a business opportunity!
  4. Fsappo

Fsappo Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central NY
    Someone should email him and ask if for $3500 total he will replant it. Thats bizarro. But really, in this day and age, with the broad reach of CL, why not try to find a sucker?
  5. EatenByLimestone

EatenByLimestone Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Schenectady, NY
    That tree may be 5 years old. :lol:

Matt
  6. Slow1

Slow1 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Eastern MA
    Took him 8 years to make the ID on that tree eh? They say there is one in every town - he's hoping to find company perhaps :) Have to wonder how much he paid for the "butterfly bush."
  7. burntime

burntime New Member

Loc:
    C'mon hunting season!
    Pay the guy with monopoly money, he won't know the difference for years anyway :lol:
  8. bsearcey

bsearcey New Member

Loc:
    Central VA
    What's really sad is this person actually thinks this Willow is worth it. From the CL ad I don't think he/she (probably a woman based on the emphasis in the ad) is trying to sucker somebody in. I think they believe this is a nice specimen tree and is worth that kind of $. I kinda feel sorry for the guy/gal.
  9. woodsmaster

woodsmaster Minister of Fire

Loc:
    N.W. Ohio
    Whats that phone number ? Just kidding
  10. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Indeed, what's the phone number? I have lots of butterfly bushes including a sucker with an 8" trunk (really).
  11. wsorg

wsorg New Member

Loc:
    IL
    Wow...only $500..great deal!