1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

yet another pellet ?(sorry guys)

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by bfgmt, Mar 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bfgmt

bfgmt New Member

Loc:
    maine
    I loved the bag of barefoot that I burned in my stove and found them for 260 per ton but they are a little over 40 miles from me in Rockland and cash and carry (they do deliver but it would cost a fortune) so if I take my 3/4 ton truck that gets 8 mpg that is about 30.00 in gas and I will have to unload them myself.I found a place that I can get Okangans for 310 delivered to my driveway. will the Okanagan as good a pellet as the barefoot or at least close. Another ? is does anyone know where I can pick up a bag or two of these in the Augusta or Midcoast area

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Standish, ME
    Oakies like the Barefoot are very good pellets.

That is the one from British Columbia in my list of 3 that'd I prefer to burn

See if you can find some Cubex up that way and give them a try as well.
  3. Bigjim13

Bigjim13 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central Vermont
    Is that $310 per ton delivered? How many tons do you need?
  4. bfgmt

bfgmt New Member

Loc:
    maine
    I am going to buy them 1 ton at a time over the summer im gonna buy at least 5
  5. schmeg

schmeg Member

Loc:
    Central Maine
    I called the guy today (O'Hara Ice) and he has a storage facility here in Bangor with Barefoots that they haul up from Rockland.
    Quoted 275. a ton. They are probably more due to the trip up from the coast. The warehouse is only 3 miles from work so it's
    no biggy for me. I'll be lugging 5 tons by the end of the month.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.