1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

You guys helped me make a score.

Post in 'The Gear' started by ClassicSWC, Feb 21, 2012.

1. ClassicSWC

ClassicSWC Member

Loc:
    York, Pa.
    Been debating on getting a bigger saw to compliment my 46cc Homelite, so I've been looking around. This morning I was using the search feature on here to look at different saws and came across a thread about HD selling their rental saws. Interesting.

So I'm running errands this afternoon and go right by my local HD and I thought, "what the heck, I'll stop and take a look". What do I see sitting on a platform at the entrance to the rental dept? A makita dcs6401 for $205. Brand new chain and all, so it's sitting on my kitchen table right now while I read the instruction manual, lol.

If it's half the cats meow that people say it is, my woodcutting just got a lot easier. A big thanks to the forum!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. dorkweed

dorkweed Guest

Are you smoking a cigarette now???? Hehehe.
  3. ClassicSWC

ClassicSWC Member

Loc:
    York, Pa.
    If I wasn't smoking a cig before I am now. Just went out back and tried it. Holy Schnikes! Started right up and was going thru knotty oak like shot thru a goose.

Think I'm going to put a 16" bar on the homelite for limbing and be done with it. Can't imagine picking it up for any other reason.
  4. wkpoor

wkpoor Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Amanda, OH
    Now if you really want to get crazy put on the BB P&C from baileys and see how it rocks.