You know you MAY have acquired enough wood when.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
. . . your friend says he believes he knows how the world will end in 2012 . . . claiming that the weight of my wood will cause the earth to implode on itself.

I like that one Jake, at least if 2012 does happen we may be some of the only people who will stay warm. I think about the possibility of no electric for an extended period of time and the world would collapse.

I have to say that "When all your friends say you must have a mental problem, and your wife says our place is starting to look like one of those places she doesn't like". I guess I am getting to that level, but it looks good to me.

Stage One: It's Spring and you realize you no longer experience "wood envy" when you drive by another horder's home.
Stage Two: It's Summer and actually you spend time with the family instead of cruising craig's list for free wood scores, working on your wood pile, your chainsaw, your wood splitter or dream of a bigger haulin' trailer.
Stage Three: It's Fall, the chimney is as clean as Santa could ever ask for, your season's burn is under cover and just steps away from the wood stove. You keep checking weather.com hoping that next week's forecasted temps mean that you'll FINALLY be able to fire things up, looking forward to toastin' your bones in front of some honest radiant heat.
Stage Four: At LAST! Freezing temps!!! You fire up your wood stove and faster than the thermometer needle can rise into the "burn zone", doubts, like cold air, are wrapping their fingers around your conscious... do you REALLY have enough wood? Seems like you didn't burn through it as fast last year and they are calling for a long cold winter.... What if something happens next year, what if I break a leg and I won't be able to scrounge up a short cord or two???

Carolyn
Who will never have enough firewood.

Status
Not open for further replies.