1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

You never know...Snakes Alive!!!!...or dead

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by Intheswamp, Jun 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KB007

KB007 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Ottawa, Canada
    I found this little guy the other day right at the foot of our deck. Ambitious little bugger, he was maybe 2 1/2 ft long. I took a couple of pics then left them alone. Came back about 20 mins later - nowhere in sight, don't know whether the toad got free, the snake won or gave up...

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Blondesense

Blondesense New Member

Loc:
    south central Missouri
    How about this ambitious BIG bugger...

Attached Files:

3. eclecticcottage

eclecticcottage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    WNY
    Beautiful! I like snakes, still miss my ball python-although my dog couldn't stand him. She went bananas every time she saw him, so we had to keep him upstairs. I usually end up moving a least one or ow baby garters in the spring when we're mowing. I'll never forget the first spring when we bought our old house, I walked out to wash my truck and...there were about 50 or so garters in the ditch next to the driveway. It was amazing. They did it every year, until the crows got them one year and they never came back. Glad except for the odd rogue copperhead we don't have poisonous snakes here though.
  4. Blondesense

Blondesense New Member

Loc:
    south central Missouri
    FYI, This thread is from last summer.
    Maybe I shouldn't revive (or de-rail) it, but I found it while researching ways to keep snakes out of my woodstacks. I have nothing against the HUGE blacksnake that lives in the barn, but after killing three copperheads on the back patio last summer I want to discourage any other snakes from moving in.
  5. Constrictor

Constrictor Member

Loc:
    Home of the white squirrel Missouri
    What you have done is encourage them to come by killing the ones there already. the mice and rats will multiply enticing more snakes.
  6. shmodaddy

shmodaddy Burning Hunk

Loc:
    So IL
    I will let a black snake go. Barely. All the other rattle headed copper moccasins get what ever is handy be it shovel, axe, or shotgun.
  7. pen

pen There are some who call me...mod. Staff Member

Loc:
    N.E. Penna
    No room for threats on the site.

Closing this one down.

pen
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.