Your pets with your stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heres what my guys have been doing - they move each other when one falls asleep - little guy sleeping and the big guy is moving in

Attachments

• 162665_10150112884597090_600092089_7607536_6623983_n.jpg
    162665_10150112884597090_600092089_7607536_6623983_n.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 623
Thanks for bumping this thread you all! For the nice comments about our boy Frankie and for these new posts, I love these pictures of everyone's critters!
Will have to get some pics of our other dogs with the stove, but they are usually on the couch opposite the stove, so it's hard to get them in the shot....

BXpellet said:
I know it's a pellet stove but this is where my cat lives all winter long

OH MY GOSH, does that stove not get hot???

My dog doesn't really care for the stove. Usually just lies on the floor near me or near my feet if I'm in bed.

This is our two indoor pets. Boots, which is the darker male and Bella, which is the lighter female. You can tell they enjoy each others company. Bella like to sleep on our registers because of the woodfurnace in the basement.

Attachments

• cats.jpg
    cats.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 413
BXpellet said:
I know it's a pellet stove but this is where my cat lives all winter long

Ok, I had to sign on to say how much I'm enjoying this thread... and... that I almost spit my drink all over my computer when I saw this picture. Holy cow!!

Sierra Guy said:
Life is good here behind the wood stove!

I love your cat, it reminds me of my "Princess" who went to the rainbow bridge in '06.

Attachments

• 04,05 Pics Princess.jpg
    04,05 Pics Princess.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 315
I have lost my warm spot near the stove to my "Smokey" and he's not about to give it back. :)

Attachments

• jan2011sm4.jpg
    jan2011sm4.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 539
I love your cat, it reminds me of my “Princess†who went to the rainbow bridge in ‘06.

Babs,

We can't get over the resemblance between Princess and Jessie (name means hope). I know I'm getting off the thread a little but he was an injured stray, starving at 8 to 9 pounds when first saw him last March. Only skin and bone, he gained 3 pounds in 3 months and continues to grow with zesto. Anyway, Smokey looks great too!

Sierra Guy said:
I love your cat, it reminds me of my “Princess†who went to the rainbow bridge in ‘06.

Babs,

We can't get over the resemblance between Princess and Jessie (name means hope). I know I'm getting off the thread a little but he was an injured stray, starving at 8 to 9 pounds when first saw him last March. Only skin and bone, he gained 3 pounds in 3 months and continues to grow with zesto. Anyway, Smokey looks great too!

Princess wandered up in my back yard. She was skinny, her fur was tangled and a mess. I would put food out for her. I kept telling myself that I couldn't have another cat. When it got cold I fixed up a bed for her in the garage .... she could come and go through the doggie door. But when it got really cold I couldn't stand it and she came inside with the rest of the menagerie. Princess was a fitting name for her. She would pose with her feet gently crossed. She was so elegant. I loved her very much.

thought this was a great thread and just wanted to bump it to the top again...
by the way this is "Tabasco" the Rhodesian Ridgeback as a pup

Attachments

• Tabasco 925.jpg
    Tabasco 925.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 445
Posted last year when Gunner wasnt yet a year old. Here he is again, helping with the stacking and then doing what he does best. Only thing he's missing is a cold one.

Attachments

• 323.jpg
    323.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 443
  • small gunny.jpg
    small gunny.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 432
Pawpa loves the long burn times with the BK insert...lol.....
<table style="width:auto;"><tr><td></td></tr><tr><td style="font-family:arial,sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right">From After New years 2011</td></tr></table>

a3737473-177-IMG_9910.JPG

Our cat Romeo loves the Fireplace extrodinair 33. it is burning 24/7 all winter. Usin ghte IR thermometer I know that his fur is over 190F... seems dangerous to me! The glass always gets the black soot on the edges of the doors. Clean wood, hot burning, it shows up after a day or two, regardless. Oh well, I dont mind.

cityhick said:
Capt said:
I wish I had a pic of all 5 dogs in front of the stove, but this is all I have. My 6yr old black lab and my 6 year old gsp. I have 2 more gsp's and a golden that are not pictured. Maybe this year I can manage a pic with all 5. Just a little brag, that gsp in the picture is #3 in the state in NSTRA Amateur division field trials.

Is that gsp out of Crosswind Kennels by any chance

Just found this post, but yes they are from Crosswind (Scott). Actually, I just got his NSTRA AM CH this year.

Awesome thread.

Here's my girl Jolene with the new Super 27 in the living room.

Picture151.jpg

Picture131.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.