1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Zama Carb

Post in 'The Gear' started by Danno77, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Danno77

Danno77 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Hamilton, IL
    can i press in a walbro jet into my zama carb. It has a fixed main jet that is .45 and I think I'd like to go to .48, but I can't find a list of zama jets. I did find 1123 121 5630, but it's Walbro. I asked this on the AS forum, but didn't get any responses. Thought it might be something a member around here knew...

Because pictures are fun, here are some pictures of the Zama carb from the MS170.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. smokinj

smokinj Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Anderson, Indiana
    I dont think it will work, but if its cheap enough worth a try. Not a lot of guys setting around trying to modd out a 170 carb...Nork! :lol:
  3. Danno77

Danno77 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Hamilton, IL
    well, I could buy a MS250 carb and it would give me an adjustable H, but that's 20-30 bucks more on this stupid saw. If I can buy a couple of jets at 2-3 bucks each, then I'll mess to see which one gives me the results I want. Nothing crazy here, just MM and mild porting, lol.

ever see a MS170 blow up at about 16,000RPMs? you might get your chance....
  4. smokinj

smokinj Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Anderson, Indiana

lol Its worth a shot at a couple buck. PM Southbound he tried about everything. (although most he does is the 0's)