08 25-PDVC Factory Setting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Polowman

Jan 6, 2020
Ontario
Quick question I have a 2008 25-PDVC Englander was wondering if anyone has the factory settings? Currently it’s in D mode 5-4-1. but I changed it from A mode 5-4-1. I would like to get a starting point as this stove is used and I’m lead to believe has been tinkered with. Thanks in advance for any input.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 91
D mode is correct. And 541 is also a good place to start. Air on temp should always stay at 1 . But remember the button 3 numbers only effect settings 1+2 on the heat adjustment. Anything above the control board takes over.

I have to say that i am not sure about many factory settings published here. I think it is very dependent on year of mfg of the stove. I read here mode c is for pdv's and d is for pdvc. My 2016 pdv is factory set on d per ESW. My stove seems like the magic numbers only effect heat range 1&2 while Dads pdv is effected on all heat ranges 2019mfg. My advise is call ESW to verify what your stove is supposed to be.
That being said.... my findings are if if its too hot, turn it to d. If its too cold go to c. This is all trial and error.

Reactions: Polowman