10-CPM exhaust pattern

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ghandy131

Oct 14, 2011
Central MA
Only second year but still can't find the exhaust route of the 10-cpm from firebox to combustion blower. Does anyone know where the gasses get sucked out of the firebox? I'm burning GS now, I know but I've got a bunch, and they're real dirty. I've mixed some of my Turmans with them and it really helps clean the glass and pot but I'd like to know where the heck the exhaust gasses go from the burn pot to the chimney. Trying to figure out a way to clean exhaust path without always pulling combustion blower.

Exhaust flows from burn pot upward over the "shelf" at the top of the firebox. There are 6 (I think) holes in the back of that shelf (reach your hand up there....you'll feel them), and the exhaust goes down through those behind the firebox back wall. On the left side of that chamber, there is a square hole that connects to the plenum that the comb. blower is attached to.

If you remove the comb. blower and reach in through that opening toward the front of the stove, you can feel the edges of the hole.

The only way to clean that chamber w/o removing the blower is to use a rubber hose attached to a vacuum....remove the lower rear doors in the firebox and snake the hose up into it. Banging on the rear steel wall with a mallet or small metal hammer after removing the "firebrick" panel will get most of the ash to fall and can be vacuumed up near the door openings.

If your exhaust system allows it, the leaf blower trick should be used after everything else has been cleaned.

Thank you Imacman. I couldn't find a diagram in the manual or CD. I felt four indents in the shelf but couldn't figure out what happened from there. Did the tap tap and used the tube with the ash vac. But wanted to understand the flow. Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.