1200i convection fan will not power up.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Tom9356

Dec 23, 2020
Maryland
1200i new convection fan have 120 at snap disk .have 120 at spade terminals of convection but when plugged in fan will not power up.jumping snapdisk makes no difference. I have not run into this in17 years of service on stoves any help !! Hoping kap will come through some wisdom ,I certified on quads with kap years ago

Bad ground? Bad connection? Power up with a test cord and outlet?

Tried running fan direct with ext cord powers up runs no sweat and have 120 on wiring harness side of terminals but attach the 2 and it will not power up pulling my hair out sat and looked for 45 mins to see what I was missing terminals are good

Power goes from box to snap disc to switch then to blower. Common goes back to terminal block and power cord, one of the white wires has a bad connection or broken. Continuity from the other spade terminal to the neutral wire where power comes into the stove?

Last edited:
Sounds to me like a broken in the insulation jacket conductor. I'd put a continuity tester on the wire between the board end and the motor end and have a look see.

Kap is around, just not often.

One nice thing about all these stoves (other than the electronic control boards) is, they are all point to point wired and 99% of the time only 2 conductors with cave man style crimp connectors and cheap wiring. I like them even better back in the 'old' days when the controls were all rheostats and toggle switches which made trouble shooting even simpler.

Checked stove again have continuity from stove plug all the way to convection plug and also from control board pins to convection fan really seems like board is issue board has some oxidation on board in a few places

You had 115 @ the snap disc so I'm confused. If there isn’t 115-120 vac coming out of the control box then the board is bad. If there is, the new motor is bad. Test cord to the wall outlet and check moter