13 HOURS

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

twocycle

Dec 1, 2014
Mississippi
I reloaded yesterday morning on a hot bed of coals @ 6:15 a.m. Last night @ 7:15, the stove was around 200 degrees. I threw in some dry kindling & small splits North & South, opened the primary air, cracked the door, & had a roaring fire within minutes. It is thrilling to me to not to have to "re-light", even though it's no big deal to have to "re-light." Something about just adding wood after 10-12 hours that is satisfying to me. So far, no complaints with tis Buck Model 81.

Reactions: bluedogz
I reloaded yesterday morning on a hot bed of coals @ 6:15 a.m. Last night @ 7:15, the stove was around 200 degrees. I threw in some dry kindling & small splits North & South, opened the primary air, cracked the door, & had a roaring fire within minutes. It is thrilling to me to not to have to "re-light", even though it's no big deal to have to "re-light." Something about just adding wood after 10-12 hours that is satisfying to me. So far, no complaints with tis Buck Model 81.
Excellent results. I think that 2 loads per day is so convenient. It allows you to touch base with your stove in the morning and at bed time, but you're not a slave to it.

This sounds so nice to me as a person that works ALOT and only has a 2cuft firebox. Very jealous!

Status
Not open for further replies.