1980’s Clayton 1600 question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Gilby7476

Jan 18, 2021
Rising Sun, MD
I believe the heat sensor on the wood furnace is bad (picture attached). Does anyone know where I can get a replacement? I can’t seem to find one on the internet.

image.jpg

That's something that someone has added on IMO...not original...I have worked on a couple 1600's and they used either an adjustable snap button switch, or a standard Honeywell fan/limit switch.
This for the duct blower control I assume?

It is for the blower and it is original. It is the heat sensor that is wired into the circuit board. However, after posting this thread, I discovered that the circuit board was also burnt. I am having a hvac guy just replace the sensor and add a switch for the fan. This will eliminate the circuit board all together. I just need the fan to turn on and off as needed. The furnace is very old and I plan to replace it in the near future.