1994 Thelin Fan keeps running

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eboucher

Dec 4, 2011
SoNH
I have a Thelin p3000 that came with my house. I can get it running but when I shut the stove off the fan will run until I unplug the stove. Is there a sensor in there that monitors the heat? If so does the same sensor monitor an overtemp?

Which fan continues to run and how long did you let it run before pulling the plug?

These stoves generally have at least two temperature sensors/whatevers in them.

One tells the stove it has a fire going and can start up the room/convection fan and turn off the igniter, the other tells if the stove is over temperature and to do something (like shut off the pellet feed, etc).

We need to know what fan or fans are running.

This stove has one motor for both the convection aand combustion fan. It should run for about 15 to 20 minutes after you turn the stove off to cool down. Have you let it go that long, or will it just keep on running and never shut off?

It ran for bout an hour before I pulled the plug. I open the door and there was nothing left in the burn pot. Everything was ice cold. I just don't want the house to burn down.

The t-2 sensor controls startup and shutdown on this stove. It is a flat sensor mounted on the left rear of the stove. You have to remove the large shield on the stove which requires a t30 torx head bit and then the small maintenance cover unserneath which is held in with 4 phillips head screws. I would replace that sensor and go from there since it is supposed to sense the temperature of stove to kick it up to full on at strtup and tell the fan when to shut down after the stove has cooled off.

Thanks I will check that out.

Status
Not open for further replies.