1st of 2 installs: kitchen

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monosperma

Jun 4, 2011
Colorado/NewMexico
On my last thread, we discussed upgrading an open fireplace in my drafty, old, decrepit, house, and I settled on a Lopi Revere insert for that solution. But that install will have its own thread. THIS thread is about is the long overdue (by a year) kitchen project of swapping out of an old Home Comfort cook stove (smoke dragon that needed feeding every twenty or thirty minutes) for a Blaze King KEJ-1101, which will provide more heat, longer heat, more even heat, and way, way, less frequent loading. The install has not yet started, but while I had 4 strapping lads in the house today (including myself), I had them help me carry the 430 lb Blaze King up some stairs and pre-position it for the install. As work progresses, I mean to take photos and update you with results. Note the slight difference in size of firebox, however, as I see it, the main downside to the change of stoves is that I won't be able to bake bread in the Blaze King.

DSC05813_zps1ff08920.jpg
DSC05836_zpse9349f29.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.