2000 golden grain corn stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Rappley

Sep 22, 2012
Amboy , Illinois
Hello all,
Need a little advise here, I have a 2000 golden grain grain corn stove I purchased used off Craig's list last winter, I took it completely apart , changed the burn pot to a pellet pot by modifying it , cleaned all nooks and cranys , checked all gaskets and replaced the ones that where questionable , problem is it doesn't put out the heat that my englander evolution does, or maybe it won't . The auger control is an off / on timer that is adjustable from 0 to 12 seconds on and the same for off , I've set it to the same settings as the englander , 1.5 seconds on and 6 seconds off , the combustion air has been adjusted from 1/4 inch open to full open , with an hour inbeween each adjustment, but the temp output doesn't change much , if it turn the auger timer up to let's say 3 seconds on and 6 seconds off the heat output does go up but still no comparison to the englander . Maybe it won't . Any ideas would be great.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.