2005 Quadra Castile pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Aquatyphoon

Aug 5, 2022
Ohio
Can I get a price check on a 2005-2008Quadra Castile pellet stove? I can’t remember what year he said it was

New igniter and thermal safety switches.

He’s asking 800 for it now

F21E8C4D-5A81-47CD-B327-B6EA22FFC90B.png

I would want to to see it start up and run. Feels a bit high. But eggs were over 3$ a dozen at the the store yesterday. My analogy would be these are kinda like buy a used Cadillac. Parts are expensive, the units can be troublesome with all the switches and onboard computer, but when running well they are very nice. My parents have one about that vintage.

Do your due diligence.

I would want to see it fire up and run as well.

If the motors bearings are quiet and it runs as it should, I think 800 is a good price if it is in good condition - little to no rust, etc.

Compared to a new one, that is good price. I would see if it powers up and goes into the cycle (bad control boards are expensive)
If it powers up, turn up thermostat to start cycle (or a clip between the thermostat terminals on back bottom of stove), red call light comes on (right side of stove, facing stove), pellets drop if they are in hopper and auger is loaded. if Pellets fall, 5-10 minutes later (and if exhaust blower is working), you should have ignition. Takes another 15 mins or so, then convection blower is allowed to come on. Bear in mind too, three heat levels (adjustable on back of stove lo/med/hi). Reset button on back allows to start cycle over, to help auger get fully loaded before pellets can fall. Definitely, look at manual to familiarize yourself, good news is the Castille is a nice stove, will heat nicely around 1000-1200 sqft. Good luck.

Reactions: Former Farmer