2010 Enviro M55 Cast iron - won't start

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Driftersown

Oct 17, 2021
I recently purchased a used 2010 Enviro M55 and had it installed. There is power to the unit, however when you push the on-off button it won't start. I have cleaned it, but haven't been able to have it professional serviced yet. Any suggestions on what to troubleshoot first? I don't think it has been used for at least 2.5 - 3 years. The guy I bought it from said it worked the last time he used it.

The first thing I would look at other than the power to the stove is
the thermostat mode is in the on or off position .
If it is in the on position turn it off.
Do you have a manual?
If not here is one
or this one older but it is the service manual
Thanks, Johneh. I did put it on the manual setting and nothing happened. I also put a few handfuls of pellets into the burn pot. I checked the gaskets using the dollar bill trick for whatever that is worth and was able to pull it out of the door. Do you think that would be the cause? Thanks for the older service manual, all I could find online was an owner's manual that went back to 2011.

So when you press the start button nothing happens
Correct? No lights in the control panel, no flashing lights
no fans come on?
If the bill had tension on it then the gasket is ok

If I fold the bill in half there is tension where the door latches - the right side, but if I try to pull it out the top there is no tension. There is less tension with the door than the ash box.

The light that signifies the fuel type comes on when the stove is plugged in, but that is it.

If the only thing coming on when you push the start button is fule type. I am leaning toward a circuit board problem . In the owners manual, it tells you what should happen when you start the stove
Don't worry about the door gasket until you get the stove to run it is
important but not critical at this point

I read the manual and the stove didn’t do anything like the manual described. I’m assuming if it’s a circuit board issue that a replacement is warranted as opposed to troubleshooting the circuit board?

If you have electrical or circuit board experience
you should have no problem with fixing it
But I am afraid I have very little expertise in that area
Me I'd just replace it.
You have a nice stove that will put out a lot of heat

If you have electrical or circuit board experience
you should have no problem with fixing it
But I am afraid I have very little expertise in that area
Me I'd just replace it.
You have a nice stove that will put out a lot of heat
Thanks for all your help! I just ordered a new circuit board as I don’t have any experience with them either. Fingers crossed it will arrive before Thanksgiving. Thanks again!

Reactions: Ssyko