2012 Quadra-Fire CB1200-I Control Module LEDs

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

erikwoodburn

Jan 24, 2020
Snohomish, WA
Hello,

I would like to understand what the blue, green, and red LEDs mean in the clear plastic control box. I haven't read all of the 50 page manual, but skimming through I can't see anything about them. I've only ever seen a solid blue light, but earlier today it had difficulty starting a fire and the red light came on. I cycled power to the control module and then the green light came on for a while. Of course I understand green is generally "good" and "red" is generally bad, but what specific problems will make the red LED come on?

Thanks,

Erik

The blue light lets you know what stove setting the control board is on. It will flash x amount of times every 10 seconds for 60 seconds. The 3 speed control board is used in a few different stoves. For your stove, it should be one blink every 10 seconds. It should not be a solid blue. The firepot thermocouple reads the heat in the firepot, and for proof of fire. When the stove first starts, it does an initial dump of fuel, to start the fire. When the pot reaches 200*, the green light comes on, sending power to the auger to start feeding fuel. When the pot reaches 600*, the red light comes on, telling stove all is well. Soon after that, your conv. fan starts blowing heat into room. kap

Awesome! Thanks for the info, I guess that since I had a bit of trouble, I was more aware of what colors were showing and jumped to incorrect conclusions. Right now my stove has been burning for a while and it is indeed the red LED that is lit.

Erik

And I would read that manual front to back a few times, as it is your best friend right now. Stay warm. kap

Reactions: erikwoodburn