StickPick73 Posted By StickPick73, Nov 8, 2018 at 4:52 PM

1. StickPick73

StickPick73
    Member 2.
    NULL

Sep 30, 2015
    Loc:
    Eau Claire, WI
    I always buy my pellets from big box stores here in NW Wisconsin, so I've burned a lot of Indeck, Marth, and Superior pellets over the past few years. Indeck have always been fine, but never seemed to burn as hot as others. This year, however, they seem to be burning much hotter than previous years.

Has anyone else experienced this with Indeck pellets this year?

2. rona

rona
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Apr 2, 2008
    Loc:
    southwestern Minn
    Funny thing about Indeck is people complain about lots of ash. Ash was never a issue but last winter Menards had Sumerset pellets for 3.60 a bag and I tried them yeah a big difference. Both in temp and ashes.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    StickPick73 likes this.
  3. StickPick73

StickPick73
    Member 2.
    NULL

Sep 30, 2015
    Loc:
    Eau Claire, WI
    Our Menards has one pallet of Snow Timber pellets right now, but it's covered and tucked away in an outside yard. I wanna give those a try!

4. Mr._Graybeard

Mr._Graybeard
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Apr 27, 2012
    Loc:
    Southeast Wisconsin
    I used to see Indecks all over down here, but the last couple years they've become scarce. Menards and Fleet Farm sell Marth products, TSC has Ozark Hardwoods and Farm & Fleet has Easy Heats.

I have wondered what pushed them out of the market. Price, maybe? The last time I saw them at F&F they were $249/ton. That's $49 higher than the going rate for big-box quality hardwoods in my area.

I bought a ton of Marth hardwoods last spring from Menards for $162 a ton, factoring in the 11% rebate. This year I got 3 tons of Dejno pellets, a hardwood blend, for $210/ton. Nice pellet -- moderate ash and little carbon buildup. I like them a little better than Somersets.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...