2018 Indeck Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

StickPick73

Sep 30, 2015
Eau Claire, WI
I always buy my pellets from big box stores here in NW Wisconsin, so I've burned a lot of Indeck, Marth, and Superior pellets over the past few years. Indeck have always been fine, but never seemed to burn as hot as others. This year, however, they seem to be burning much hotter than previous years.

Has anyone else experienced this with Indeck pellets this year?

Funny thing about Indeck is people complain about lots of ash. Ash was never a issue but last winter Menards had Sumerset pellets for 3.60 a bag and I tried them yeah a big difference. Both in temp and ashes.

Reactions: StickPick73
I used to see Indecks all over down here, but the last couple years they've become scarce. Menards and Fleet Farm sell Marth products, TSC has Ozark Hardwoods and Farm & Fleet has Easy Heats.

I have wondered what pushed them out of the market. Price, maybe? The last time I saw them at F&F they were $249/ton. That's $49 higher than the going rate for big-box quality hardwoods in my area.

I bought a ton of Marth hardwoods last spring from Menards for $162 a ton, factoring in the 11% rebate. This year I got 3 tons of Dejno pellets, a hardwood blend, for $210/ton. Nice pellet -- moderate ash and little carbon buildup. I like them a little better than Somersets.