2020 Solar PV Performance

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I use an aftermarket Efergy electricity monitor. It has a 15 second data refresh rate and the graph was 1 min intervals. It turned out there were some scattered clouds that day. I did notice that sometimes scattered clouds cause it to clip more. Wonder if the sunlight is increased briefly by the clouds?

This April will be 4 years on my SE 5000 inverter and 20 optimizers with zero issues.

Ok, that explains it. It didn't look to me like a screenshot from SE monitoring portal, so that's why I asked if it was a different monitoring platform. Makes perfect sense now with the higher granularity, those downward spikes would coincide with the passing clouds.

This seems to be a pretty good collection of Hearth solar experts here so I wanted to ask a question.
I also don't want to derail this thread so I've asked it here on one of my prior posts here.
I'd really reappreciate your thoughts and replies.