Maladjusted Posted By Maladjusted, Dec 15, 2017 at 10:20 AM

1. Maladjusted

Maladjusted
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Mar 2, 2017
    Loc:
    Richmond VA
    Called Trae Fuels in Bumpass, VA yesterday... their pricing is the same as last year.

$205 per ton picked up of WoodStixx
    $225 per ton picked up of Trea Heat

I have no experience with either brand, but I intend on picking up at least a ton of the WoodStixx to try out.

I will report back as to how well they burn in my Harman Absolute 63

Mal

Maraian likes this.
  2. Maraian

Maraian
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 28, 2017
    Loc:
    Annapolis, MD
    Whats the verdict?

3. Maladjusted

Maladjusted
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Mar 2, 2017
    Loc:
    Richmond VA
    I blew it off... got sent out to Cali for three weeks mid December and now I am snowmobiling in NH. I'll be back in VA next week and will have to pick up a ton. I will report back on the WoodStixx.

Mal

4. Maladjusted

Maladjusted
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Mar 2, 2017
    Loc:
    Richmond VA
    So I am finally down far enough with existing stash that I pulled the trigger and went and grabbed a ton of the WoodStixx. The price has increased to $215 per ton. Still far better than the $325 the local stove shop quoted for a picked up ton of Hamer Hot Ones.

Honestly... this is the 4th different pellet I have run through the Absolute 63.... and I cannot tell the difference between any of them. They all burn hot. They all burn completely. They all filled the ash pan after a couple of weeks.

So.. I will continue to burn the cheapest pellet I can find... which is the WoodStixx through Trae Fuels in Bumpass, VA.

Mal

5. Maladjusted

Maladjusted
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Mar 2, 2017
    Loc:
    Richmond VA
    So... Trae Fuels decided they are not going supply end users anymore... grrr. On the hunt for < $250 per ton!

Peterfield likes this.