25-PDVC overfeed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

CTpelletNoob

Feb 18, 2022
CT
My 2018 model 25-PDVC seems to be overfeeding pellets and I'm having a hard time thinking a 4 year old control board that runs maybe 4 months out of a year is bad already. I've thoroughly cleaned the stove and did most of the new gaskets (burn pot still on the way). I have already extended the restrictor plate as far as I could and even added an extension to it. The stove runs at heat setting 2 and my LFF is also set at 2 and I'm still managing to burn a bag in 8 hours. Is there anything else that could cause this or anyway to truly tell if its the board.
Thanks.

Have you checked to see if you're in the correct mode? I believe it should be in mode 'D'. Search here for a procedure to check. I believe someone else was having this problem and it kept defaulting to mode 'A'. Do you have surge suppression installed?

Eric

Reactions: Mt Bob
I totally agree you must be in the wrong mode. I have the same stove and go through 1 bag every 22 hours on setting 4-4-1 heat setting 2 .if i burn on setting 6-4-1 setting 1 i get 18 hours per bag

I recently bought the stove however the augers have a manufactured date in 2020 so they were definitely replaced and the part numbers match the 1 rpm motor. Do any other sensors control the top auger or is it solely based on the control board?

When I was running through it there was most definitely new parts so it seems as if the previous owner had the issue and was just throwing parts at it to try to correct it.

Did you actually time the auger rotation. In the not to distant past, Englander was sending out "1 RPM" motors that weren't. They were 1.5 or 2 RPM. If they actually do check out as 1 RPM, then it very well may be the board.

Eric

That’s the speed it’s been running at LFF 1
Heat setting 1, I added to the restrictor plate and it’s the same thing, you can see the hole where I tried to go smaller but I won’t feed any less than it is now

AF168210-1CBC-48AC-B43A-52864CCD1352.jpeg