361 Decomp

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lukem

Minister of Fire
Jan 12, 2010
Indiana
The decomp valve resets on every pull whether it fires or not. I'm not worried about it but just wondering if it is because of a weak valve or high compression or both. Any guesses? I might do a compression test on it.... never done one on it before...half afraid to because ignorance is bliss right now.

The decomp valve resets on every pull whether it fires or not. I'm not worried about it but just wondering if it is because of a weak valve or high compression or both. Any guesses? I might do a compression test on it.... never done one on it before...half afraid to because ignorance is bliss right now.

Plug it or swap it out. The last thing you want is for it to fail and create a massive air leak, or drop the plunger in the cyl. Lots of aftermarket equivalents available online, they're about $12-$14 for OEM IIRC, or you could just just plug it and forget it.

Status
Not open for further replies.