38 deg & raining in Ct and

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eernest4

Oct 22, 2007
ct
netzero.com
38 * & raining in Ct. & I didn't feel up to looking 4 wood,laying a fire & babysitting the woodstove so I pushed the "on" button on the Pel Pro 45,000 btu pelletstove, instead.

She is doing a fine job of heating 2000 sq ft in this mild temp & leave me with a well deserved evening of rest.

To be honest,the pellet stove can't handle all the house when outside temps fall below 34 * , but it is great spot heat
& shines in fall & spring , the sholder seasons, when heating needs may not require the wood stove.

I don't really run the pellet stove all that much because free wood is so much cheaper than
pellets, but she still eats a ton of pellets a yr. & I do truely appreciate the convience of push for on & then just walk away.
(the older i get,the more I appreciate the pellet stove.)

i just wish i could have bought a larger btu pellet stove, but at the time, it was $2,600.oo
for a 60,000 btu job & I only had $1800.oo for the whole project,including install.

I ended up, back in 06, with a 06 stove for 1600 & spend 200.oo on DIY install & 6 bags of pellets.

I didn't think that the extra 15,000 btu was worth 800.oo more & i still think that.
Nice to have , but not a good deal.

Yea the temperature in Ct was crazy today. I saw at the bank down the street today it hit 57. They are saying its going to drop into the upper 20's tonights though. Go figure

Status
Not open for further replies.