45 pipe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

harley75

Nov 21, 2016
pennsylvania
Question got my stove hooked up new pipe.Now my 45deg elbow right at the 45deg angle leaks brand new dura vent had to order no one in my area stocks them is there a fix for this or just return and wait for them to send replacement.

High temp sealant or self fusing silicone tape over the leaking seam.

Reactions: bogieb
The self-sealing tape is easier to work with and easier to remove if needed - but if all you got is RTV and you need the stove now, then that is what I would go with.

My 45 leaked too, but it was because my house was built tight enough where it needed the outside air kit to run, and I didn't know that yet. The house was going negative pressure and it was pulling smoke back in wherever it could, so I sealed every seam and joint with RTV, then the stove would quit.

Not sure of your installation, but something to keep in mind if it has problems running. Hopefully the RTV is all it takes.

Status
Not open for further replies.