455 refurbs. upstate NY

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Might be perfectly fine goods.

My BIL used to work for Home Depot L&G;supplier. Many times the so called returns or defects were simply somebody who bought a mower say while theirs was being repaired, used it a week, and returned it. Or bought a ladder, installed the tv dish, and returned the ladder.......He bought lots of stuff from their reject bin that were perfectly good. Course the cost of that crooked customer gets passed onto the rest of us.

I've typically bought all of my power equipment like this when possible. Mostly at Sears, but I've gotten a nce leaf blower/vacuum, my 18" saw, nice 22" walk behind Honda lawnmower and a couple other items I can't think of right now. They've never once let me down and I've never paid much more than half the retail price.

I was suprised they come with a warranty. I wouldn't have bothered to post it otherwise.
The TSC here has some "reconditioned" that are only $50 off the price from NIB and no warranty. They haven't even been cleaned up. Some bargain.

Status
Not open for further replies.