6 inch to 3 inch

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cdodge04

Oct 7, 2008
Belfast, Maine
I have a metal bestos chimney set up that I was using for my wood stove but am now converting over to use for my pellet stove...All the stores around are out of 6 inch to 3 inch reducers...They do however have 6 to 4's and 4 to 3's. Can I get away with doing the 6 to 4 then the 4 to 3? When the exhaust pipe comes out of the pellet stove it goes straight up through the chimney, there are no elbows...

CDodge04 said:
I have a metal bestos chimney set up that I was using for my wood stove but am now converting over to use for my pellet stove...All the stores around are out of 6 inch to 3 inch reducers...They do however have 6 to 4's and 4 to 3's. Can I get away with doing the 6 to 4 then the 4 to 3? When the exhaust pipe comes out of the pellet stove it goes straight up through the chimney, there are no elbows...

Have you called Eric at Kinsman Stoves to see if he has any adapters? He's a nice guy, always willing to help, and good prices. He would be a good source to ask opinion about what you want to do.
330-876-0200 www.kinsmanstoves.com

If he doesn't have any in stock, try Dynamite Buys. Good prices, free shipping. 1-800-686-5730
www.dynamitebuys.com

I called Eric first when I needed some adapters, and even though he didn't have the ones I needed in stock ( I was going from 4" pellet to 8" stove pipe), he gave me the part #'s and I got them from Dynamite Buys...arrived in 3 days.

Both good companies to deal with, IMHO.

I am crying on the inside.

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.