A couple boilers I had at a show

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

heaterman

Minister of Fire
Oct 16, 2007
Falmouth, Michigan
Plus !!!!!
First ever picture of my booth babe......otherwise known around the house as "management".

The orange boiler is a Heizomat chip/pellet/sawdust/biomass burner and the red and white unit is a Windhager BioWin pellet boiler.
The green part attached to the Heizomat is the burner and part laying separately is the feed auger that would go in the fuel bunker/bin.
Both boilers feature fully automated fuel loading and ash removal. Just hook em up to the fuel source and let them run.
I really like the rotary "valve" on the Heizomat burner. It helps size any abnormal pieces that get through the whole process before it plugs up the burner and it provides a 100% fail safe fire stop so a burn back could never get to the fuel bin.
They make them all the way from about 100,000 btu up to 3.5MM and any of them will modulate down to 10% firing rate. loggin congress 035 (1024x680).jpg loggin congress 039 (1024x680).jpg
loggin congress 030 (1024x680).jpg loggin congress 033 (1024x680).jpg
loggin congress 039 (1024x680).jpg loggin congress 035 (1024x680).jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: hobbyheater
I looked at the Heizomat. Called an outfit in London. They are tanks. Is this a unit from the Austria region of the world? They say Austria/Germany make the best gassers out. ETA, Solarfocus, Froling to name a few others.

Whats the price of the wood/pellet 65?

Good luck with the booth!!

So on picture #2 that looks like the pellet/fuel inlet to the Heizomat. Does the auger with the big round plate stand vertically on that inlet? I can't imagine that because it would be very tall. I see two serious motors on that Heizomat burner section. I was expecting to see hopper somewhere. So what's roughly the output of both of those units? My wife is also one of my best booth babes. Men are unafraid to as my wife questions they think may be dumb. Congrats HM

I looked at the Heizomat. Called an outfit in London. They are tanks. Is this a unit from the Austria region of the world? They say Austria/Germany make the best gassers out. ETA, Solarfocus, Froling to name a few others.

Whats the price of the wood/pellet 65?

Good luck with the booth!!

German made by a family owned company. They make everything from the wood handling equipment, chippers, shredders etc to the boiler itself. I don't know if we'll see their chippers over here but they are BUILT. The boilers are available here, now. Yours truly is the go to guy for the Great Lakes region. :)

The Heizomat is temperature and Lambda controlled and able to increase/decrease primary and secondary air independently of each other. Very tightly controlled combustion process. One of the things that impressed me about their design is the ability to modulate down to almost nothing, even on their very large boilers. When you consider all the difficulties of burning bio-mass/chips it's hard to imagine something that can throttle up and down from near nothing to full output.

If you need some literature send me your address and I'll get it to you.

Last edited:
So on picture #2 that looks like the pellet/fuel inlet to the Heizomat. Does the auger with the big round plate stand vertically on that inlet? I can't imagine that because it would be very tall. I see two serious motors on that Heizomat burner section. I was expecting to see hopper somewhere. So what's roughly the output of both of those units? My wife is also one of my best booth babes. Men are unafraid to as my wife questions they think may be dumb. Congrats HM

The auger feed bolts on the top of the rotary valve just like you see it in the picture. It lays horizontally in a bunk or bin that is always field fabricated according to the needs of the particular job.
The round plate sits in the fuel pile and stirs the fuel into the open part of the auger. There are arms that extend out from the plate but I had them folded in at the show so no one killed themselves tripping over them.
That reddish colored gear box under the plate weighs about 300#'s all by itself and the auger you see laying alongside the boiler is solid round bar, not tubing. It probably weighs 150# by itself.

In the last picture showing the feed auger, the open part would be in the fuel bin itself and the closed part toward the boiler would be in the boiler room. Where they meet would be the bulkhead or wall of the fuel bin. The bottom of the square piece on the feed auger bolts directly to the top of the rotary valve.

I think the Heizomat boiler shown is around 100KW output maximum and the Windhager pellet boiler runs from around 22,000 up to 90,000 maximum.

Last edited:
That sure looks like a serious heater.

yes the RHK. I like the wood/pellet option.

I don't have pricing for an RHK that small but a rough guess based on the larger models would put you in the $40K range. That typically includes the feed system, control, Web enabled, modem, setup by factory personnel, system commissioning, all freight charges and import fees, etc etc. Everything but actual connection to your system and the chimney. They are pretty pricey for the smaller units because the cost for the feed equipment is pretty much the same whether you are burning 150,000 or 1.5MMbtu.

Status
Not open for further replies.