A day in the life of a GreenWood working for a Viessmann working for a NY ControlFreak

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

ISeeDeadBTUs

Thursday November 29. The last time the hydronic was loaded was last night, approx 10PM. Hopefully you can see that we are running 'VSF' (visibly smoke-free). Since it is warm outside and the Mrs has left for work, there is very little heat demand at the moment. Thus, while I opened the feed door to shoot the pics and rake the coals, I will not be adding fuel for a while.

7:36AM

The damper is currently closed.
A day in the life of a GreenWood working for a Viessmann working for a NY ControlFreak

I know NoFo and I will disagree on this, but why would you want this in your house?

A hot fire will make the ceramic glow.

8:27AM, still 'VSF'

Damper open. Aquastat set about 173, 10 deg variable. Factory recommended steting 180

Leak at the GW temp sensor.

GW standby heat losses dry/warm wood in shed.

Note leak, copper into Therma-PEX.

Right side of GW.

For those that asked about the chimney . . . a "T" plus three sections of Metalbestos. No rain cap.

, 10:39AM A snapshot of the inside stuff.

Boiler plenty warm.

Too warm in NY

DHW stabdby loss 5 deg since 6:30AM

Goal: Lets see <1470 hours on April 1, 2008 :coolsmirk:

I save so much oil I have to let some leak!

50-plate HX and strapon aquastat.

11:18AM Time to load.
PRE-Load.

Warm day=small load

After raking and an oxygen rush

POST-Load.

3 mins after loading

4 min

9 min

14 min

20 min

23 min

Perspective approx 90' away

30 min

Back to VSF 33 min after loading

Still VSF

Damper closed 1 hour after loading

'Idling'

Idling viewed through triple pane and external screen, appox 80' away

I can't wait to see the pictures. FHW heating is not very popular yet in the NW and since I have no ducts or pipes yet I have the option to do either.

Or . . . you can only view them when I am up and running. . . >:-(

Can't view them at all. Your post contains a bunch of links to images that don't go anywhere. I want to see them too.

Viessmann? Did I hear Viessmann? What model are you running? For how long now? Like? Would love to see your pics, too. Let us know about your GW, too, or if you have pls say where; I'll read. thnks. j

what kind of thermostat/control is that you have indoors that shows the boiler temp etc. I have an eko 60 and would like to know the boiler temps and maybe how much it is is going into gasification mode each day, would something like that work with mine.

Don't I wish, Mack?! That is the oil boiler where you see the digital controls. Viessmann's literature seems to indicate that their wood gasification unit - I believe unavailable Stateside - had at least some computer GUI. The one they put on my oil is pretty nice, though no where as extensive as the one NoFo built.

Jimbo

Status
Not open for further replies.