A few stove setup questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

midrover170

Sep 21, 2015
Idaho
Hi all -

So I picked up my Pacific Energy Vista last week and I'm now ordering all the stove/chimney pipe. I have a few questions:
  1. The Vista has a 6 1/4" stove pipe opening, which I'd imagine is typical. When I get to installing my stove pipe, do I need to place an adapter in the Vista beforehand, or will the pipe set right in and be ready for some screws (I'm going with single wall DuraBlack)? Manual isn't clear on this and I don't know if I'm overthinking.

2. In the Vista manual for floor protection, it only specifies a non-combustible surface. Says nothing about insulating under non-combustible with Durarock, Hardiebacker, etc. Am I OK then to just place steel plate on the finished floor (probably a laminate hardwood) as long as it meets the dimensions for Vista's protection?

3. If going through a cathedral ceiling and a cathedral ceiling support box, I DO NOT have to install a radiation shield, correct? My understanding is that the support box and DuraTech chimney pipe were all that's needed for running through the rafter bay.
Thanks!
-D

1) I think the stove pipe (crimp down) fits right within the collar
2) Correct, if ember protection is all that is needed a steel plate is sufficient.
3) Correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.