A little angry here

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.
renewablejohn said:
In UK we have Trading Standards to report incidents like this for them to take enforcement actions. If it happened here the company would be named and shamed could even be a candidate for the rogue traders TV series.

Believe me there are plenty of ways to deal with this dilemma over here without getting the Fed's involved.... they screw up too much already.

He may have start a small claims action in court which would give him the opportunity to present his case in front of a judge....

It would be nice tio hear from the OP again to find out what's going on..........

Check page 54: http://www.quadrafire.com/~/media/Files/Quadrafire/Installation Manuals/man_mtVernonAE.ashx

Parts & Labor are covered for 2 years for all electronics and factory installed blowers.

Also, convection blower / motor... whatever... its an assembly. There is only one part you can order and it all comes together, and Quad calls it the "Convection Blower". So they did bypass having to clean it, by replacing it. You can also replace this part without even using a screwdriver! Well... except the 4 phillips screws to take the side panel off. Once in there though I think its just the control board and a single locking pin in the way. Check page 40 of the manual.

I think technically a dealer does have the right to charge a labor surcharge for warranty because they only get reimbursed a flat amount, and if it was a long travel time or something like that this flat amount would not even cover the drive there and back. But since they were already there and charged $170 for a service call, an additional $150 ON TOP of what Quad will reimburse them is insane.

I would be reasonable and try to get the $150 back, use the manual as ammo, it clearly states the 2 year parts & labor warranty. If they refuse try going through Quad. If you still can't get anywhere report the DEALER to the BBB, local news, whatever it takes. That is a total scam they pulled IMO. At least if you can't get a refund, make them loose some sales and let everyone know about their bad service.

I re-read and krooser also mentioned disputing with the bank or CC company, this also can work when you have a reasonable argument. That could be an option as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.