A Little Longer to Ignite

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

camdids

Just Replaced my Igniter. 8 Years would appear to be a good life. Bought a new one from my dealer and easy install. However, the fire up time has increased. Rarely over the last 8 years has it taken much more than 5 minutes to get the fire going.(smoke/sparks then flame). But since replacement , I'm looking at 10-15 minutes. Same settings, same Pellets.
I notice on the Receipt for the Igniter, its listed as 306W/120V Igniter. Is this lower ,maybe than the older one. I notice a lot of the replacement ones online seem to be listed as 400W. Were they reduced to help the burnout problems.

Or have I missed something when changing it out?

Double check and make sure the igniter is properly seated in the cradle and right up against the underside of the burnpot.

Double check and make sure the igniter is properly seated in the cradle and right up against the underside of the burnpot.

Good point. The new one had a protective heat cover on the wires at the igniter. Maybe its not seated as good as the original. I'll check the weekend. Thanks