A tip for that pitch or sap on your hands.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wife hates sap on the handle of the refrigerator door

I like this woman, already :lol:

Thanks for the sap tips, guys.

We're cutting up the pines that the power company dropped this weekend, weather prevailing ;-)

caber said:
We used WD-40 to remove tacky grip.

yeah but you can't spread it on your toast when your done with it like you can with the margarine LOL mmmmm pine flavored margarine LOL

rich81 said:
caber said:
We used WD-40 to remove tacky grip.

yeah but you can't spread it on your toast when your done with it like you can with the margarine LOL mmmmm pine flavored margarine LOL

Now that's a good tip...just think of the money you'll save on paper towels if you simply wipe your hands with your toast and then eat it. I'm gonna try that tomorrow morning. Rick

fossil said:
WD-40 isn't nearly as much fun to sniff as good ol' ether, though. Rick

Isn't that about all WD 40 is good for? To think many use it for penetrating oil ( just about the worst penetrant I have ever found). How does GOJO or one of the other hand cleaners fare????? I try not to take a bath in MEK , Paint Thinner and all those things with the long chemical names myself. They do dry out the mitties to a terrible extent as well. About the hottest stuff I wash my hands in is the old mineral spirits paint thinner now days. At least with that I don't find myself wondering what would show up in a toxicology report the next few days. Some of those things than end in "ine" and the like aren't very people friendly in the long run. Anything that absorbs through the skin is usually best avoided when you can. I must be gettin old and want to get a lot older. I like the olive oil idea, you could make your fingers into a salad.

My favorite sap remover is peanut butter. And just like margarine, useful on toast as well :) Great for pets also, work it into their fur to remove the sap, then let them lick off the residue...

If battery acide doesn’t work, you can try amputation.

Amputation is a little rough on your skin because it dries out quickly once the hand is removed. You will not , however, ever get sap on that hand again so you wont have to worry about the problem next time. Kind of a permanent solution in that respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.