Absolute 43/Quad Santa Fe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Vinelife

Minister of Fire
May 31, 2010
Way Up North Michigan
Just a quick question, does the Absolute 43 crank out more heat than the Quad Santa Fe ?

Just a quick question, does the Absolute 43 crank out more heat than the Quad Santa Fe ?
The Santa Fe came up with 38,700 btu's, didn't say input or output and 1,900 sq. ft. The Absolute 43 showed 44,000 input at 2,400 sq. ft.

Reactions: Ssyko
they are both the smallest stoves each manufacture make and have similar spec's. if you are going to replace the Santa fe i would say go up to the harman xxv-tc. you will get more output and a bigger hopper for a little more money then the absolute 43.

why make a lateral move?

I have an xxv and i love it.

Reactions: Ssyko
I would go with the biggest stove my wallet could handle. Easyer to turn one down than to try and get more than its capable of

Actually my 2010 Quad Santa Fe is only rated up to 30,000 btu/hr. And rated for 1500 square feet. The new ones seem to have more output and square footage. So with the Harman I would be going up to 44,000 and 2400 square feet. So it would be a step up from my 2010 model.

Actually my 2010 Quad Santa Fe is only rated up to 30,000 btu/hr. And rated for 1500 square feet. The new ones seem to have more output and square footage. So with the Harman I would be going up to 44,000 and 2400 square feet. So it would be a step up from my 2010 model.
Would be a significant increase in heat output. The "whisper mode" would be nice too.

Reactions: Ssyko and Vinelife