Absolute 63 vibration noise

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Windshear

Oct 9, 2021
Massachusetts
I'm trying to figure out this noise that happens when the stove is ramping up to operating temperature, then disappears until the next ignition. Troubleshooting so far has been replacing the combustion fan (pellethead), cleaning fines box and removing the back panels to try to locate the source of the sound. It does not seem to be coming from the circulation fans as I don't feel any vibration from those when they are running, even when not in whisper mode. The sound *seems* to be coming from somewhere around the feed mechanism. The stove is 5 years old, with about 20 tons of pellets through it. Usually the sound is loud but sometimes it's dull and lasts for about 5-6 minutes. Full cleaning, minus flue clean also did not make a difference. Thanks.

Attachments

• 20230421_022151_1.mp4
    1.7 MB
Last edited:
I'm trying to figure out this noise that happens when the stove is ramping up to operating temperature, then disappears until the next ignition. Troubleshooting so far has been replacing the combustion fan (pellethead), cleaning fines box and removing the back panels to try to locate the source of the sound. It does not seem to be coming from the circulation fans as I don't feel any vibration from those when they are running, even when not in whisper mode. The sound *seems* to be coming from somewhere around the feed mechanism. The stove is 5 years old, with about 20 tons of pellets through it. Usually the sound is loud but sometimes it's dull and lasts for about 5-6 minutes. Full cleaning, minus flue clean also did not make a difference. Thanks.
Didn't say if u replaced the combustion motor also. Mine makes noise at times. I put couple drops of 3-1 oil on that rotating shaft in back of exhaust motor. Quites right down.

Reactions: Washed-Up
Thanks. I did replace the combustion motor but not the fan blades. Come to think of it I was a little concerned about the blade clearance when I reinstalled it. I'm going to replace the fan too and see what happens.

Reactions: Washed-Up