Harman Absolute 63 Combustion/Exhaust Fan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Junior127

Jan 18, 2024
Brockport NY
Not sure why but my Harman Absolute 63 is giving me fits this year. It is 3 1/2 years old and I burn 4 to 5 ton a year.

About 2 weeks ago I found a distribution wire sitting on top of the combustion/exhaust fan and as that spun it wore through the insulation and shorted it out which in turn took out the control board.

After replacing the control board a few days later I hear a noise that I determined to be the combustion fan. I ran the combustion fan in test mode and it makes the noise then. The distribution blowers did not.

I took the fan out but wasn't able to determine the cause of the noise. I'm suspecting a bearing but there was no slop in the shaft. The fan blades seem fine also.

Any ideas on a possible fix?

If the fan needs to be replaced I read a good deal about sticking with OEM but if the original fan only lasted 3 1/2 seasons how much better are they?

Best place to buy one if need be and OEM or anyone have a good experience with an aftermarket and if so which brand?

Thank you in advance.