Accentra Auger Noise

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dougsey

Feeling the Heat
Aug 3, 2006
Epping, NH
Hi All, Have a 10 day old Accentra free standing that has developed a noisy auger.... kind of a moaning/humming/vibrating sound.

I'm calling the dealer tomorrow but am wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem?

Check the hopper and auger for a foreign object first.

make sure you keep the clinkers cleaned out of the burnpot, this will put some restriction on the pellets and ash being pushed out.

If it is humming, maybe it just dosen't know the words..... ;-)

I have no idea, but when you find the root cause, please let us know.

I called the dealer and he had me disconnect the chain to see if the noise persisted, which it did, isolating the noise to the auger motor and not the auger or burn pot. I brought the motor to the stove shop where he "tested" it which was simply hooking it up to 115v to see if it turned. "Tests fine" was the answer. Pretty convinced the motor was bad I asked for a replacement anyway... "I'll do it for you but I'm telling you that's not the problem". Put the new motor in and the noise is gone.

My theory is the motor seemed fine while holding it in your hand but once bolted into the stove, the vibration resonated and amplified the noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.