Accentra design flaw?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim_M

Burning Hunk
Mar 28, 2010
Halifax, NS
i just brought my new-to-me 7 year old Accentra insert home last night, and spent much of today in my garage going over it, and giving it a thorough cleaning. My experience with Harman stoves so far is limited to my 21 year old Invincible T, but I can definitely see many of the same design elements present in the Accentra.

However, one thing that the Accentra doesn't share with the Invincible, and that concerns me a bit, is the combustion air channel that runs across the bottom back of the stove. It connects the 2 channels that run straight back from the front, and which can be cleaned with the small brush that came with the stove. Unlike these 2 front-to-back tubes, the one across the rear seems to be completely inaccessible. It seems to me that over time this passage will become clogged with ash and there's no way to clean it. Am I missing something? Is this a common design on all newer Harman stoves?

Where would these combustion tubes be on a freestanding Accentra? Never heard or saw about them since I owned it!

Thanks, now I see how the left side tube is curved at the back to allow the cleaning brush to bend around the corner and clean the back tube. And now I understand the purpose of that access panel on the outside of the combustion motor housing area, that doesn't seem to be mentioned in the manual or the video. I shouldn't have doubted the Harman engineers.

Thanks, now I see how the left side tube is curved at the back to allow the cleaning brush to bend around the corner and clean the back tube. And now I understand the purpose of that access panel on the outside of the combustion motor housing area, that doesn't seem to be mentioned in the manual or the video. I shouldn't have doubted the Harman engineers.
Your right

So basically the freestanding doesn't have combustion tubes. Just flue exhaust where the ESP is.

Status
Not open for further replies.